A great appetizer - especially when the boys are invited. Serve with celery sticks on the side.
Wonton wrappers one of my favorite low fat/carb options. Random leftovers have been a success into our wonton stuffing. To date, the tastiest is jalopeno mac and cheese.
- other favorite combos are:
1. Smashed pea & diced shrimp with white wine, alfredo sauce.
2. Chopped sausage, basil, mozzarello with red sauce.
3. Pumpkin/sweet potato, walnut, apple, cinnimon/pumpkin pie spice with marshmellow whipped cream sauce.
4. Chili spice, ground beef, kidney bean stuffed with cheddar cheese sauce.
5. Bourbon chicken cripy wonton and kidney bean ragout.
6. Caribbean curry roti stuffed with fruit chutney.
7. Crab/fish cake stuffed, drizzled with Erics remoulade sauce.
8. Raw thinkly sliced steak, mushroom reduction stuffed. Topped with micro greens and topped with crumbled or lightly shredded sharp cheese of choice.
You know what I like to call these? Delectable, savory goodness in just, one, pop. Round little balls of simplicity, spiked with four ingredients that were made for each other: cheese, pumpkin, prosciutto with sweet maple syrup.
If I could eat these every day, I think I would.
Perfect for the holiday party, a half-time snack or for when you get a hankering for salty and sweet, these little nuggets will be the first thing to go at any get together and leave the crowd wanting more.