Spicey Sweet Potato Latkes
Spicy sweet potato latkes - a new twist on an old tradition...
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 eggs
- 5 cups grated sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp smoked paperika
- 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 tsp red chili pepper or jalepeno
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 pt fat free yogurt - garnish
- 1 cucumber - garnish
1. Small fry pan toast cumin seeds
2. In medium mixing bowl whip the eggs then mix in remaining ingredients including toasted cumin seeds.
3. In a large heavy - bottomed skillet and oil lightly. Drop batter by spoonfuls into pan and cook slowly on each side until cakes are very golden (about 12 minutes per side depending on size).
Makes 12 small cakes Serve with a teaspoon of greek style fat free yogart and a slice of cucumber as garnish...