- 2 cups white rice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken
- 3/4 lb andouille Sausage, casing removed and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celerly diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsps all purpose flour
- 1 can Diced tomatoes (14 1/2 oz) undrained
- 1 can Chicken broth (14 oz)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dark chili powder (rounded teaspoon)
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- course Black pepper
- Chopped Scallions for garnish
- chopped fresh thyme for garnish
1. Cood rice to package directions
2. Place a large, deep skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and butter to the pan. Cube chicken and place in hot oil and butter. Brown chicken 3 minutes, add sausag and gook 2 minutes more. Add onion, celety, pepper, bay and cayenne.
3. Saute vegetables 5 minutes, sprinkle flour over the pan and cook 1 or 2 minutes more. Stir in tomatoes and broth. Season with cumin chili, poultry seasoning and worchester sauce.
4. Bring to a boil and add shrimp. Sier 5 minutes until shrimp are pink and firm.
5. remove pot from the heat and place on a trivet. Ladle jambalaya into shallow bowls.
6. Using an ice cream scoop, place a scoop of rice on the center of the jambalaya. Sprinkle dishes with chopped scallions and thyme leaves.