Creamy Pasta Primavera
This pasta dish is a wonderful blend of tender, crisp, colorful vegetables and a creamy parmesan cheese sauce.
- 2 cup uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- 1 lb asparagaus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3 medium carrots, cut into thin strips
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
Cook pasta according to package directions.
In a large skillet, salt, season and saute asparagus and carrots in oil until crisp-tender.
Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
Stir in the cheese, cream and pepper. Drain pasta; toss with asparagus mixture.