Zucchini Potato and Parmesan Soup
|Prep Time||1 hour|
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium zucchinis, scrubbed, unpeeled, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium Yukon Gold potato, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 1 cup)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tbsps (more to taste) fresh grated parmesan cheese
- salt and fresh group pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and garlic. Then cover and cook, stirring often for about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in zucchini and potato. Add enough broth to barely cover the veggies. Add thyme and boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer partially covered until potato is tender (about 15 minutes).
3. Stir in evaporated milk and cheese. Heat until very hot but NOT boiling. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with thyme, extra parmesan cheese, and garnish with chopped cherry tomatos or red pepper for color.