Tex Mex Chicken and Rice Bake
- 1 can condensed low fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 can 1% milk
- 3/4 cup uncooked regular long grain white rice
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 cup mixture of red and green pepper strips, chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup shredded tex mex cheese or cheddar and monteray jack mixture
Mix soup, milk, rice and chili powder in shallow 2L baking dish. Spread evenly with vegetables.
Top with chicken. Sprinkle chicken with cheese and additional chili powder, if desired. Cover.
Bake at 400F until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender - about 45 minutes. Remove cover and broil until cheese is golden and bubbly - about 3 minutes.
Remove chicken and stir rice before serving.