Greek Cucumber Salad
A cool, refreshing salad made with a blend of summer vegetables, feta cheese and a nice light dressing.
- 2 med cucumbers, peeld and seeded
- 1 pt cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped (or purple onion)
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp fresh black pepper, ground
- Chop the cucumbers into 1 inch cubes. Place in a medium size bowl. Sprinkle with sea salt. Let it sit for 15 minutes to release some of the water.
- Drain the excess water and combine the cherry tomatoes, onion and cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil and lemon juice together. Pour over the cucumber mixture.
- Add the black pepper and toss gently. Chill until ready to servce.
This simple Greek salad is especially fresh and delicious if you're lucky to have fresh vegetables straight from your garden. Now that's hard to beat!