Egg Salad No Mayo
An egg salad sandwich is one of my favorites. Here is an egg salad recipe with no mayonnaise that is on the healthier side but still tastes great.
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 sweet onion or large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, no leaves, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 jalapeno pepper, finely diced (optional)
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp capers
- 1 tsp fresh dill, chopped
Chop the hard boiled eggs fine. Use a food process if you have. The trick to good egg salad without mayo is to make sure you chop the eggs fine enough. Add onion, celery, mustard, jalapeno (optional), olive oil, capers and dill. Mix thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill in refrigerator before serving.
The olive oil will bind the egg salad as well as mayo will as long as you chop the eggs fine enough. Add the jalapeno if you like a little extra kick.