create family cookbook
We've just added several new get-started guides all about how to create your family cookbook.
If you're wondering how to use the cookbook and recipe publishing system at Family Recipe Central to create your family cookbook, be sure to see these helpful tutorials ...
When you set out to create your family cookbook, don't just focus on the family recipes. It's also about capturing the family stories and preserving the family memories. There are so many ways to weave stories about our family members into the family cookbook content.
Here are a few of the more obvious opportunities to capture and tell the family stories
- Biographies of family members
- If your family immigrated to America, how did they get here?
- Every family event offers a story (weddings, holidays, graduation, births, family reunions, family vacations, etc.)
- A family member's special skills and talents (sports, charity and philanthropy, dancing, photography, hobbies, careers, inventor, gardening, storytelling, etc.)
Family stories spring forth from some of these less obvious places
- Sentimental objects that remind you of a family member
- Letters from a family member can reveal a whole chapter of memories (romatic letters when Grandad was courting Grandmother)
- A family disagreement and the lessons learned (hopefully you can find some wisdom even in the family conflicts)
- A family member's military service and the pride and gratitude we hold for all that make this courageous contribution
- Life's embarassing moments (hopefully everyone is a good sport)
There Are Many Great Reasons to Create a Family Cookbook
A family cookbook is an heirloom that your family can treasure from one generation to the next. It's also very practical. Let's admit it, most of us are not very well organized when it comes to keeping track of our family's recipes. Perhaps you've thought about creating a family cookbook, but just haven't found a good way to get started?
Here's our version of the top 10 reasons why you should create a family cookbook.