- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and chopped or use diced canned (14.5 oz) tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, less if using canned tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 to 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Saute onion, green pepper, and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet until vegetables are tender-crisp. Stir in eggplant and zucchini; cook 5 minutes.
Add tomatoes, salt,pepper, and oregano; stir well, and cook just until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Mom loved to make these. They were always a big hit for dessert. She never used them for appetizers but you could certainly fill them with things like seafood or chicken salad and just make them a bit smaller.